Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Pacific Orthopaedic Associates is working hard to implement policies in line with recent CDC and governmental efforts, with the goal of doing our part to contain and slow the spread of coronavirus and minimize patient exposure. To achieve this goal and keep patients safe, we’ve made several short term changes.
We have implemented several strategies to minimize patient risk, for those who may need an urgent in-person visit, including:
- Regular and frequent hand washing/hand sanitizer use by all staff and physicians
- Screening patients and staff for symptoms such as fever or cough to prevent contact with anyone who may be sick.
- Forehead temperatures checks of all patients at check-in.
- Limited and spaced seating in the waiting area to ensure social distancing between patients. If the waiting area becomes too crowded, patients may be asked to wait in their car until they are called in for their appointment.
- Full office wipe down and sanitation, multiple times a day.
- Use of personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks by all healthcare providers during patient care. All patients will be required to wear a face mask and will be provided with a mask if they do not have one.
Both Alhambra and Arcadia offices will remain open during regular business hours to accommodate patients who require an urgent or emergent clinic visit. Please contact us at (626) 282-1600 so we can assist you.
The health and safety of our patients, staff, and providers is of the utmost importance. We will post any additions to our current COVID-19 preventative processes on this page.
For the most current information regarding the virus please Click here.